Our Nursery aims to:
- Provide a happy, safe, warm and stimulating environment through a holistic approach for all children to play, learn and develop freely.
- Help children to develop responsibility for themselves and their actions and to become competent, confident, independent and co-operative individuals.
- Encourage children to have a positive attitude and respect for both themselves and other people.
- Promote a positive relationship with parents and carers and work in partnership with them to provide high quality play and care for their children.
- Offer inclusive services that are accessible to all children in the community.
- Undergo regular monitoring and evaluation of our services to ensure that the Nursery continues to meet the needs of children, parents and carers.
- We believe passionately that each child, with differing needs and interests, should be loved and supported as they grow. We know that children will thrive best in their learning if they feel emotionally secure, so we work very hard to promote warm friendships with staff and other children and to offer plenty of creative opportunities to learn through play.
- At The Cornerhouse Nurseries we aim to support a rich childhood, responding to the individual needs of every child through relationships that are loving and supportive.
- We aim to follow the government’s Every Child Matters agenda which seeks to offer an environment where the health and safety of each child is of paramount importance and one which enables each child to enjoy and achieve and make a positive contribution to society.
The Cornerhouse Nursery
Since its humble beginnings, Corner House Nursery has become a landmark for quality childcare and has grown into a 25 place nursery. We offer limited spaces to ensure all children are cared for and nurtured individually, just as you would at home. We have a dedicated team of staff, some with over 10 years’ experience. Our nursery consists of a large baby room – Baby Bears, 0-2 room – Little Bears and a Pre-School – Big Bears.Contact us
Victoria Nursery opened in 2007 and has 40 places. Based on the same ethos as Cornerhouse, we have an amazing outdoor area for the children, which includes a hand built log cabin providing us with an excellent classroom to coincide with our outdoor programme. Imaginative redesign of the interior has created a stimulating environment for all children.Contact us